Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happyish Holidays

Ah, the holidays are here!

It' s been a while since I've written, and just in the past few months there has been quite a life change. For one thing, I discovered that I love court reporting, I'm pretty darn good at it, and I'm heading in the right direction as far as how I want to eventually earn money. It's been challenging, both mentally, physically, and emotionally. At first just getting to school was rough. It wasn't until I learned that I wouldn't have enough hours to pass the class that I stepped up my game and forced myself to go to class every day, even if that meant limping to school. I ended up making up all my hours and going on to be the first and only in my class to pass. Yay. I just took my final yesterday so I'm done for now. I've been sick since last week, but much better compared to then. CRPS is no joke when you're going through a sickness, or even when going through your time of month, which I'm do for any day now so sorry if I get emotional (or if that's TMI).

We also got our first ever Christmas tree since moving in to the house nearly a year ago. We never bothered before thinking it'd be more work than it's worth, but for some reason, I felt like we needed to reign in some holiday spirit. And it definitely has made the house more homey, especially when we light the fireplace. Ahh, I love lighting the tree and the fire, snuggling with my honey next to my doggy and enjoying life just for that moment. It's really the simple things. :) However, that joy seems to diminish when thinking of holiday shopping, the crowds, the headache, and the walking that will put me out for days. Not to mention money has been tight around here. Guess I just need to meditate next to the tree and think of alternatives. We've somehow become the procrastinating couple. Well, I've become that way since I rely a lot on the fiance and he tends to wait until the last minute. Another thing that just makes me frustrated about CRPS is my having to rely on anyone else but myself. The times that I get brave and decide that I will just do things myself is when I overdo it and then pay for it. I get in the worst moods after overdoing it, partly because I'm mad at myself, and partly because I'm reminded that I can't do everything I used to be able to do. I still haven't fully accepted that and am still coming to terms with it.

Anyway, sorry to end this on kind of a bah humbug note. I have to flip the switch back to a positive mindset and be determined to pace myself this season. To anyone who might be reading this, hope you're holidays are going smoothly and happily. :)

No comments: